Pri Yafata

I joined some of my colleagues for a team dinner out, while Jodie stayed home. We went to dine at Pri Yafata, a typical Bulgarian restaurant with a few locations in Sofia. The food was good and we all had a good time. An interesting story was how the restaurant got its name.

"I, Stoyan, was born on 25 February 1916 in the family of Bozhana and Atanas, Kruchmaria. I remember that my father was running the tavern at the Village Square. As I was selling southern fruits during the winter, I named my company Yafa, after the Israeli town of Yafa where my fruits came from. So this is how Yafata became my nickname."

And why is Pri Yafata such a popular venue for the locals? Perhaps it's because of what Stoyan wrote: "The tavern was doing very well and it was always crowded, because I never diluted the wine with water."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The “Pogacha”

Top 15 Favorite Bulgarian Places

The Chinese Market