Making Change

We've already written about the difficulties of making change when buying things or paying for taxis. I've adopted a daily schedule that allows us to get the small coins and bills we need to manage.

When I pull out cash from an ATM, I end up with a thick wad of 10 and/or 20 Leva bills. On my way to work in the mornings, I frequently stop at the gas station cafe near my office. I order a cup of coffee like this:

Едно голямо кафе лате, молял
One large coffee latte, please.

The cost of this coffee is 2.85 Leva. I can always get a free cappuccino from the machine in my office, but this coffee is better, and it helps make change. I hand over a 10 Leva note, and very often also have 0.85 in coins. Whether they like it or not, the clerks must hand me some small bills, as I'm holding a hot cup of coffee and ready to leave.

And if it's not coffee in the morning, I can always return to buy a few Corny bars in the afternoon. Not only for the nourishment, but also to make change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The “Pogacha”

Top 15 Favorite Bulgarian Places

The Chinese Market